Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Diaper Bag

Earlier this year, I made two diaper bags for colleagues who were having their first babies.  I was very pleased with how they turned out.  I used a pattern from an Amy Butler book titled Little Stitches for Little Ones.  A dear friend of mine is expecting her first grandchild (It's a girl!) and she asked me to make a diaper bag for her daughter-in-law.  She ended up selecting the same one.

I have had the fabric cut for a little while (life gets in the way!) but last night I cut out all the interfacing (for this project, I used decor bond.  Pellon is one of my best friends) and fusible fleece.  About three yards of interfacing and another 2 of the fleece.
Every.  Piece.  Gets.  Faced.  Every last one. 
22 pieces of fabric now faced and ready to begin the construction process.  :)  From here, it should take me about eight hours and I hope to have it done by Friday morning.  I'll post pictures as I get into it.  (P.S. Don't you love the black, cream, and red?)

Here are a couple of photos the bags I did for my colleagues.  You can see how huge this bag is.  Jeff made many jokes suggesting that after I came back from the shower, he would check the suspension on our car.  And something about carrying the baby in the bag.




No comments: