Sunday, May 22, 2011

Two-Skirt Weekend

I am working busily on the No Pants Summer challenge. Here are skirts two and three.  I wanted a plain black a-line skirt that I could throw on with basically anything.  This skirt is cut on the bias and is just a plain knit skirt.

Remember how in my very first post, I mentioned I am a lousy photographer?

Yea, I still am a lousy photographer.


This second skirt of the weekend (third of the challenge) is from the book Sew Serendipity.  I love the fabric I used.  Instead of a zipper, I put in a drawstring with elastic in the back.  I don't feel 100% about this skirt.  It looks a bit like an apron and the drawstring doesn't help that.  Maybe the print is too small.  I'll still wear it.  It finally gives me something with which to wear these shoes that I love!

I secretly make fun of all the pigeon-toed girls in photos but I have to tell you, its MUCH more flattering than a straight on shot.

No comments: