Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two New Creations

After this weekend, I swear, I am taking a one month hiatus from creating any bags.  Ooh, I say that and then realize, I need to do something for my intern at the end of the year.  I guess it will have to be something other than a bag.  I fear being typecasted!  Anyway, here is Neelly's bag (a gift for my friend's graduation).  I made this bag for myself and you can see that one here.

Don't be fooled by the lack of scale in this picture.  It's about 18" across and almost a foot tall in the body.










This was a change I made.  I lined the outside pockets with the contrast fabric.  I think it brightens it up. (See the cell pocket?)

I also added a magnetic snap to this bag.  It doesn't bother me to have it open but I am SO not fussy.


Here is the other item I worked on this weekend.  As a part of my Summer of No Pants 2011 I made the petticoat that I made a week ago for my intern.  I will likely wear it tomorrow to Neelly's graduation.  I wish I had a really cute top to wear with it but I don't...yet.  I was thinking a lipstick red would look really great.



Put in plain language...I love it.  I wasn't sure how it would look on wider hips and I am not a fashionably adventurous person.  I think I can pull this off, physically and mentally.  My skirt next week?  This one on the left (from the book Sew Serendipity) in some adorable white, purple and lilac fabrics. 


I do feel compelled to mention that all my summer skirts will have elastic in the waist.  The idea of a zipper in 97 degree heat makes me feel twitchy.

No comments: