Friday, April 19, 2013

Be it Ever so Humble, There's no Place Like Home

We made it home!  Two days of driving through four states and we made it.  Although, I wasn't so sure we were going to make it through our last leg.  As we left Denver and headed up into the mountains, we saw a sign on that the highway was closed due to multiple accidents.  Then we hit the snow.  I can honestly say, it was the scariest ride of my life.  It turned out to be a real blessing that the truck was loaded with furniture.  The weight was helpful.  Just as we approached the mile marker where the highway was closed, it re-opened!!  Another blessing.  There was probably four inches of snow on the road and when you combine that with a steep climb and descent, it gets pretty frightening.  All is well that ends well.  In the next few days, I'll be posting about the wedding and the dresses (and how absolutely adorable my nephew looked!).  Admittedly, in the flurry of activity that accompanies any wedding, I forgot to get a photo of me and my sisters in our dresses (the multiple vodka tonics may have played into my absent mindedness) but I should be able to get some photos up here from other sources soon.

Oddly enough, I find myself wanting to sew something for myself.  Just a wardrobe piece.  So I think I will try to work on that today.  Generally when I have a flurry of sewing activity like I did before we left, I am sewed out for a while.  Not this time.  I'll be back in a day or two with more details about our trip and the festivities!

No comments: