Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bookworm Dress

Another in a long line of Laurel dresses.  This is my bookworm dress.  I have long loved this Anna Maria Horner fabric and thought it went splendidly with this pattern.

This time, I used purchased bias tape for the neck and armholes.  Also, rather than making the dress in the size indicated on the pattern, I cut it down two sizes.  I am actually not as pleased with the fit.  It is a touch boxy on my shape.  I am thinking about taking it in a bit but that would require pulling out the stitches on the armhole bias and the hem.  Sounds like too much work for me.  :)  I'll wait until it gets really boxy and loose and make the change once.
I was thinking this is another dress I can transition to fall with boots, a long-sleeved t-shirt, and a sweater over top.



No comments: