Thursday, July 17, 2014
Another in a long line of Laurel dresses. This is my bookworm dress. I have long loved this Anna Maria Horner fabric and thought it went splendidly with this pattern.
This time, I used purchased bias tape for the neck and armholes. Also, rather than making the dress in the size indicated on the pattern, I cut it down two sizes. I am actually not as pleased with the fit. It is a touch boxy on my shape. I am thinking about taking it in a bit but that would require pulling out the stitches on the armhole bias and the hem. Sounds like too much work for me. :) I'll wait until it gets really boxy and loose and make the change once.