Thursday, September 6, 2012

Simplicity 2925

Labor Day weekend, I made the long sleeve dress from this cute Simplicity pattern.  I had some Amy Butler (love!) fabric that I had had in my stash forever.  I have actually had this pattern for some time as well so it felt like it was free.  I love this dress.  Love.  I had to take in the side seams on the upper half of the dress a bit as I am much smaller on top than on bottom.  Interestingly enough, I put the zipper in, something I often skip, because it was a cotton print with zero stretch.  When I was done, I realized I could easily put it on and take it off without the zipper so I ripped it out to save it for another project and stitched up the back seam.  Next time, I'll cut the back piece on the fold.
Anyway, here is the finished dress.
I think the pockets are super fun.  Hard to tell from this photo that the sleeves are slightly flared.



Have you seen the pinterest pin from Banana Republic that features 13 clothing items and accessories made into a month worth of outfits?  The simplicity of that wardrobe speaks to me.  I was thinking I could perhaps make this dress in a wool jersey with a bit of stretch to start to build a 13 piece wardrobe.  It would work well under a jacket, look cute with tights and boots.  I might lengthen the sleeves if I take such a route.

Tomorrow, a post of my first skirt from a self-drafted pattern.

No comments: